It’s inevitable that we chat while we work. We always find something we need to share, whether it’s something in the collection, something in the files, or just the fun and frustration of life in general. One thing leads to another and we wind up talking about it all.
After listening to the rest of us, someone recently mentioned that our conversations are kind of nerdy. Was this so? We decided to track them, just to see.
Below is a short list of some our quotes and conversation topics. It’s a very revealing look at a day in the life of ADEPT.
- Men with long hair save money on haircuts.
- You don’t chat about politics if you grow up in Washington D.C.
- The law schools of New England.
- “This sounds like music from a Valentino film (while listening to the classical music station).
- Year-round grilling.
- Witches (the historic ones usually).
- “You guys are just white noise in the background.”
- “I can only spell with my eyes closed.”
- “My favorite cartoon is ‘Get Fuzzy.’”
- Alexander Hamilton – a good or bad Founding Father?
- The death and necessity of newspapers.
- Elmore Leanard’s goddaughter.
- “When did she die?” “Shortly before they buried her.”
- “The world can be divided into two kinds of people – those who do and those who do not like black licorice.”
- Regarding New England spring storms: “all this rain! Why didn’t they build one less college and pave everything?”
- “How do you spell reticulum?
- “Antimacassars go on the chairs of arms” (written as said).
- Coming from the Boston area, living and working in New York City, and coming back to the Boston area.
- “Is the root of the word ‘history’ Greek or Latin?”
- “Why would you push a dead guy through an airport?!”
- “You’re a font, not an oracle.”
- Historical tattooing practices.
- “Clowns are scary.”
- A radio tax.
- “So, who got kicked off Dancing With the Stars last night?”
- After taking the Facebook quiz: “Guess which Founding Father I am.” “Ok…Caesar Rodney?”
- “I share many things, but not strawberries.”
- “The only problem with National Treasure II is the lake under Mt. Rushmore…Come on! Google maps would’ve seen that!”
- How to start a career as a make-up artist.
- “Nurses are tough to eat with; they’re always trying to gross each other out.”
- “You can’t have 1995, I want 1995!”
- “You’re not going to put that on the blog too, are you?”
I’d like to say these are some of the more amusing or outrageous moments, but they’re not. (of course the same person who called us nerdy just said it’s a shame that some of the more “interesting” conversations won’t make it, and I don’t know what that means!)